CURIOUS ABOUT SOMETHING? WE'VE GOT THE ANSWER AND A SPRINKLE OF FUN!
ORDERS AND DELIVERIES
- Macarons: 2 working days
- Custom Cakes & Sweet Treats: 5 working days
- Wedding Cakes: We advise you book at least 4 - 6 months in advance
- Corporate Orders - as far in advance as possible corporate orders require an great amount of planning, the sooner you place your order with us the better.
Our baking schedules are booked up way in advance.
Please give us as much notice as possible to ensure we have availability for the date required and you avoid disappointment.
If you are in need of something more urgently, please contact us via email PRIOR to placing your order online.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Weddings can be booked up to a year in advance!
We usually recommend booking at least 4-6 months before weddings, as the wedding season typically books up very quickly and we can only take so many events each weekend.
For custom cakes for special events 1-2 months is always a good amount of time.
We have unfortunately not yet found a solution to add home deliveries to our services.
Cakes and macarons are perishable and fragile goods which requires delicate care when transported.
We can successfully deliver larger macaron orders nationwide.
Orders under R1000 per order is do-able but a costly exercise for both us and our clients.
We can assist with deliveries in and around Stellenbosch depending on our availability. Please note there will be a sub-charge for deliveries.
Please get in touch via email if you would like to arrange delivery with us.
Due to the size and fragile nature of wedding cakes - we always include the cost of delivery to your venue when quoting on your wedding cake.
Depending on our availability - we can work on a custom delivery, set-up quote for wedding/tiered cakes or large bakery orders. This will include travel and set-up time, the costs for all items we purchase on your behalf and requires a contract to be signed by both parties.
Our kitchen is located at the magnificently beautiful Weltevreden Estate, but please note our bakery is not open to the public.
Daily Order Collections: Meraki, 43 Church Street, Stellenbosch
If you would like to collect from us at Weltevreden Estate, please arrange this with us in advance.
We want your cake to make it to your destination in perfect condition.
There are a few things you can do to keep your cake safe as you transport it from our pick-up location to your celebration:
- The safest place for your cake is on the floor of the backseat area of your vehicle. This is an even, flat space with minimal room for the cake box to slide around. You have a higher chance of keeping your cake nice a cool, preventing it from slipping.
- Avoid putting your cake in the boot of your car, on a seat or on someone’s lap.
- It’s ideal to have air conditioning that works well to keep your car and cake nice and cool. Your cake is beautiful and we want it to stay lovely from the time you leave our shop to the time it arrives at its final destination.
- Buttercream is made out of butter, which can soften up as it gets warm. A vehicle with air conditioning that works well will help keep your buttercream cool and prevent it from softening and beginning to melt. Buttercream that is too warm from being in a hot car can slip and slide from bumps, quick stops and sharp turns.
- Drive carefully as your cake is special cargo. Take turns slower than you usually would and avoid bumps and potholes as much as possible.
- If you are transporting your cake to a destination that is further than 30-45 minutes away, please let us know so we can take special care to have your cake nice and chilled when you pick it up.
Please note: Once the cake leaves our shop, we are not responsible for what happens on the transportation journey. Please follow the transportation instructions above and feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns
PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Our online orders works through an online payment portal and it requires full payment to complete your order.
- For Custom, Wedding and or Corporate Orders we require at least 50% deposit to confirm your order and full payment 7 days prior to the delivery of your order.
- Deposits are non-refundable
* please refer to our Cancellation Policy
All cancellation requests must be submitted a minimum of five business days prior to your scheduled pick up.
Once preparation and baking has commenced, there are no refunds provided for cancellations or modifications.
However, at its sole discretion, Blos Bakery may grant cancellation and/or full or partial refunds after orders are baked depending on circumstance.
For order cancellation or modification requests, please contact our Admin Team by emailing email@example.com
We will do our best to accommodate your needs, however, such requests may not be possible due to the order processing schedule.
- Carry the cake box from the bottom. Avoid squashing the sides of the box or pushing down on the top of the box.
- Keep the cake level at all times, including during transport and refrigeration.
- Transport the cake in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- DO NOT travel with your cake on a car seat. The cake MUST be on a FLAT surface i.e. the best place is on the floor of your backseats and/or where there is sufficient AC flow.)
- Store the cake in the box in a refrigerator.
- Keep away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- We recommend you take the cake out of the fridge at least 2-4hours before serving. If you take out the cake less than 2hours prior to your event, the cake sponge and icing might still be too hard to be thoroughly enjoyed. No one likes cold / hard cake.
- On cold days please allow 3-6hours for the cake to come to room temperature.
- Remember there is dowel sticks in the centre of tiered cakes to keep the structure of your cake together.
- Want to know how to cut your cake - please refer to our cake cutting guide here
- Store leftover cake in the fridge in an airtight container. Cake will last 3-5 days refrigerated.
- Alternatively you can freeze leftover cake by wrapping it in several layers of plastic wrap. cake will last at least 2months when frozen.
- Please note: Once the cake leaves our shop, we are not responsible for what happens on the transportation journey. Please follow the transportation instructions above and feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns
- Macarons will last for 6 days from date of pick-up, but the sooner you eat them the more delicious they will be! Please keep your macarons in the fridge. To maximise their flavour please bring them out 20 minutes before serving.
- Do not freeze the macarons. Unless we have provided it frozen to you, and we have carefully explained to you how to take care of your frozen macarons.
- Marnella Art du Macaron macarons are gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians, but not suitable for vegans due to the use of eggs and dairy in our fillings.
- Hand Painted Macarons
- Please note, product colours & illustrations will vary from the images shown as every order is individually handmade and is truly unique!
- Outer Shells: Sugar, Almond Flour, Egg Whites
- Filling: May contain eggs, fruit, nuts, milk, butter and other diary products, vanilla extract, flavourings, cocoa, glucose, salt
- Nuts: We work with almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios
Please be advised that we are unable to cater for allergies and cannot guarantee a complete allergen-free environment or products.
Our products are prepared in an environment where nuts (all types), dairy and other known allergens are prepared.
Our products are prepared in an environment where tree nuts (namely: almonds hazelnuts, pecan nuts, pistachio nuts , macadamia nuts and products thereof), eggs, milk, butter & other dairy, sulphur dioxide and sulphites and other known allergens are being prepared.
All responsibility is on the purchaser to check first, Marnella Art du Macaron and Blos Bakery will not be held liable for any allergic reactions.
Please note that flowers and fruits are seasonal. Our baking team will always try their best to find your preferred fruits and flowers.
We will always try our best to suggest a suitable substitution.
For bridal orders, florals are best sourced by your florist and we apply when we deliver. We are happy to work directly with your florist to assure that we achieve the perfect finished product you envisioned.
Should you want us to source the flowers for you, we will quote accordingly.
Please remember that some flowers are more sensitive than others & can wilt quicker.
We recommend serving floral cakes the day you receive it.